Office of the Sheriff
The goal of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office is to provide the citizens of Pike County with the most efficient, effective and professional law enforcement services possible. As a contemporary law enforcement agency, the Pike County Sheriff’s Office has departmental objectives and goals that will lead to the prevention of crime and disorder, along with the protection of life, property and personal liberty for all.
- To build a professional law enforcement agency based on a strong foundation of the following principals:
- Leadership in bringing all law enforcement together, to work as a team, with the shared goal of keeping the residents of Pike County safe, regardless of where they live within the county.
- Cooperation: To work with other county agencies, the court systems, municipal and village governments, school districts, community organizations, business and industry, and the news media.
- Continuous Improvement: To foster innovation, positive change, and continually advancing the level of service through the best training, evaluation, and input from the residents of Pike County, by listening to all of their concerns and taking them into consideration.
- Competence: To insure the optimal quality of life by providing effective and efficient services. We are focusing on aggressive pro-active patrol and tenacious investigation of crime.
- Values: To maintain a department based on the core values of integrity, fairness, compassion, courtesy and professionalism.
- Service: This vision will be accomplished by dedication to public service and commitment to continuous improvement.