What Is It?
· Our Senior RUOK program provides a daily reassurance phone call to senior or medically-related homebound residents of Pike County, who are not in daily contact with relatives, friends or neighbors, and checks on their well-being.
How Can RUOK Help Me?
· Provides a daily check up phone call and a system for follow up emergency assistance.
· Allows you to feel secure while remaining independent in your home.
· Reassures your family members that you are being checked on daily and that someone will be called if needed.
How Does RUOK Work?
· Once registered, you get a daily, computer generated phone call at a pre-set time.
· If you answer the phone, the computer is signaled that everything is all right. If you feel you need assistance, don’t pick up the phone.
· This will generate an alarm, and begin the emergency notification plan. If you don’t answer the phone, the computerized system will notify our emergency system.
· We will attempt to make contact with you.
· If no contact is made, we then call the Emergency Contact Person you have designated.
· If they cannot be contacted, we will send a Deputy Sheriff to go to your residence to ascertain your well-being.
How Much Does it Cost?
· This service is free to senior residents of Pike County.
· The Senior RUOK program is made possible through your Sheriff’s Office.
Do I Need To Buy Special Equipment?
· No. This system will work off of any phone.
How Can I Help RUOK Spread the Word?
· Tell a loved one, a neighbor or a friend about this program. It may save their life.
How do I sign up?
.To register a new subscriber simply click the link below to download the application. If you have trouble or need assistance please contact the Pike County Sheriff’s Office at (740)947-2111
This file is in the PDF format. If you have trouble viewing the file please download Adobe PDF Reader